- Mature on a personal level and develop leadership skills. This helps your confidence and teamwork.
- Have many opportunities to perform for large numbers of people at important Cathedral services (such as Advent & Christmas Lessons and Carols) and in prestigious concert venues. The Choir has even toured recently to the UK.
- Take part in a tradition of singing in choirs which spans many centuries. You will learn from people older than you and then pass on your knowledge to your successors.
- Mix with other boys from all over the Capitol Region, making that last a lifetime.
- Earn a modest stipend that recognizes your achievement and commitment.
So you're interested in joining the choir. . .
Contact Woodrow Bynum, Director of Music, to discuss whether the Choir might be right for you and to arrange an informal vocal screening. Want to learn more? Make an appointment to observe a rehearsal and see what it's all about!
Contact us at email@example.com
Singing in the Cathedral Choir of Men and Boys is immensely rewarding and fun. You will:
- Receive a free and unparalleled musical education from experienced professional musicians. There is even evidence to suggest that being a chorister improves your school work too.